Store Coupon Policy
Publix is committed to helping you save money. We offer weekly specials, buy-one-get-one free promotions, and accept Publix, manufacturer’s, and competitor’s coupons. When you add all these together, you can see why customers “Love to Save Here.” So that all of our customers can benefit from these deals, we reserve the right to limit purchase quantities. The types of coupons we accept:
- Manufacturer’s coupons, Publix coupons, Internet coupons, and coupons from nearby competitors (a list of which are posted at each Publix store).
- Coupons from competing pharmacies for prescriptions only.
Our acceptance guidelines:
- Acceptance is subject to any restrictions on the coupon.
- We only accept coupons for identical items we sell.
- We only accept a manufacturer’s coupon and either a Publix or a competitor’s coupon on the same item. Maximum of two coupons per item.
- Manufacturer’s digital offers cannot be combined with manufacturer’s paper coupons on the purchase of the same item.
- We do not accept percent-off-items or percent-off-total-order coupons.
- We do not accept coupons that Publix determines to be printed incorrectly. For example, a coupon missing a size requirement or other standard coupon details.
- We do not accept coupons presented via a mobile phone or device.
- We do not accept coupons that appear to be copied. All coupons must be originals.
- For a buy-one-get-one-free (BOGO) offer, each item is considered a separate purchase.
- We limit coupon redemption to eight of the same coupons per day, per household.
- Manager’s approval is needed for individual coupons above $5.
- Dollars-off-total-order coupons will be limited to one Publix and one competitor’s coupon per day, per household. The total order before coupons must be equal to or greater than the combined purchase requirements indicated on the coupon(s) presented. We consider competitor’s coupons for dollars off groups of items to be a dollars-off-total-order coupon and will only allow one per day, per household.
- Money due back to the customer at the end of a transaction involving coupons will only be provided on a Publix gift card.
Our management teams will only issue rain checks for items which are advertised outside the store at a reduced retail. For example, on radio or TV, or in our weekly ad, co-op ad, mailer, or Internet site.
- We will only issue one rain check, per day, per household for an item.
- We will not issue rain checks for Publix, competitor’s, or manufacturer’s coupons.
Coupon Policy FAQ
Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon for a private label item?
Yes. We’re happy to accept a coupon for a competitor’s private label product because it’s a chance to introduce you to our terrific Publix brand.
Will Publix accept a buy-one-get-two-free coupon from a Publix competitor?
Yes. If you’re purchasing the identical merchandise at Publix, we’ll accept BOGO and buy-one-get-two-free coupons from competitors’ stores.
Does Publix accept prescription coupons from all pharmacies or only from your listed competitors?
Publix accepts coupons for prescriptions from all local retail pharmacies.
Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon for a free $5 gift card with the purchase of an item or items?
For example, a coupon for “Buy both Raid Max Bug Barriers 1 gallon Starter Kit and Refill, Receive a $5 store gift card.”
Yes, if we carry the identical items named on the coupon, you’ll receive a $5 Publix gift card with the required purchase
How does Publix define a household?
Publix defines a household as a single family. (Children can’t redeem coupons if their parent already redeemed the maximum amount allowed for their household that day.)
Publix won’t accept coupons that appear to be copied. What does a copied coupon look like?
If a coupon is photocopied, some of its security features may be missing, causing the coupon to be illegible or blurry. Copied coupons may also be off-center or have copy machine lines running through them.
Do I have to have a physical coupon for every offer I want to redeem?
Yes. You must have a physical copy of the coupon that you want to redeem.
No. We’ll only accept eight of the same coupons per day, per household, regardless of the flavors or varieties of a product you purchase.